Wednesday, September 21, 2005

unforeseen fun with cool mashup made myself with Mothers and We are Wolves

Wow, tired and ready to turn in, serendity strikes as my fave late nite (over)indulgence, WFMU's Beware of the Blog features: A BBC Mother's of Invention Video and a live studio performance of We are Wolves, from Montreal.

Waiting for each to cue, and multitasking (being the Gemini rising I am) I decide play both videos at the same time. The resulting mashup song is unbelieveably cool as the electro-punk band is totally in sync with the old jazzy jam band of Frank Zappa's, not to mention the videos working to watch together. Bonus. Very worth the wait for them to cue, trust me.

Here's the recipe for this very cool, fun time, kids:

1) Going to link for WFMU's Beware of the Blog pick up Sept 20's entry Music from Your Mothers, click on "King Kong."
2) Scroll down a couple entries, past Kenny G, to "Montreal Post Punk Invasion"
3) I found this works best if each are at about the 1/3 point, past the We are Wolves vocals, but it really works no matter what, so have fun.

Each cool stand alone. Great together. Now, I've got the mashup bug. Yikes.

No comments: