Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Midori's Floating World

Had a superb Valentine's Day as it involved sushi and champagne. After Ashtanga, went to my fave sushi place, Midori's Floating World, which is a beautiful small sushi restaurant in the tradition of the Mom and Pop sushi places in Japan. No pretense or glamour. Just phenomenal food in a cozy environment. On Hiawatha near the post office, I so highly recommend it as one of the best in the TC's. Prices are good, staff is very friendly and its always memorable. How can you go wrong with a place that serves free champagne with sushi on Valentine's Day, and on my birthday in November, I was made the sushi roll of my dreams that I was allowed to christian Dragon of Cyn, by flirtaceous chef Tu, with joke candles and a birthday serenade and free wine and desert and comeradie with the entire clientele of the restaurant? I challenge one to come up with a better sushi experience.

No comments: